Friday 6 April 2012

CHANEL PERFECTION LUMIERE


I'M A BIT LATE ON THE BALL seeing as this came out much earlier in the year. I did try a sample at the time but wasn't blogging so I picked myself up another one to try out for you.
The colour I match up to is B20, which is a light shade with a golden undertone. This product has had mixed reviews as far as I'm aware, with some claiming it turns a lot darker once it has oxidized on the skin. Personally I havn't experienced this
(and I've tried it enough to know). Another problem people have been having is that they've found it quite drying. Again, it's not the most moisture packed of foundations but it's nothing a good layer of moisturizer underneath wont sort out.

 I'll start with telling you about the application. I used my fingers for this one (as I do with most, what a rebel) and it's a strange beast to apply. It almost feels like a powder/mousse when it hits the skin if that makes any sense at all. You don't need lots of this stuff but I found I needed to use a heap under my eyes as I don't wear concealer so this really needed some layering up under there.
At first it felt strange and it looked like my skin was dry but the miracle happens when you turn away for one second then return to the mirror...VOILA! It's transformed. What I'm saying is that it needs a good few minutes to get itself accustomed to your face, get comfy, plump pillows, whatever it needs to do, then it settles really nicely I think.
I find the same thing every time I try this, I'm wandering whether this is the same for anybody else who has used it?

Below are some photos of it indoors, it has a nice evening effect but it's not at all heavy (nor are any Chanel foundations really) and it shows your skin underneath, which I love.



Below is a photo of it in natural light (essential to reviewing a skin product I think!)


                                                My eyebrows need to go into rehab, I'm sorry.


My skin isn't at it's best right now but you can see the product has a lovely finish.

Just so you can see how lazy I am, rather than go downstairs and into the garden like a normal person, I decide I can just get some natural light photos hanging out of a window, job done ;)


Some blogging health and safety nazi will probably have me done for this haha.

Anyway I do hope that review was helpful and if you have any further questions about it then feel free to leave a comment and I promise to reply! Have a lovely bank holiday Easter weekend :) X
.

4 comments:

  1. I really really want to get this! It looks brilliant :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really reccomend asking for a sample before buying it because it's not cheap (£33 I think!). It's the type of thing that grows on you but I love it :-) x

      Delete
  2. Great review! What blush and lipstick/gloss are you wearing? Looks gorgeous!

    Alara x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously like your web site but you have to take a look at the spelling on several of your posts.
    Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality however I'll certainly come back again.

    Feel free to surf to my web-site - nexopia.com ()

    ReplyDelete